Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Journey Amended...

After months of planning and dreaming, it's finally here! The first leg of the road trip of a lifetime...

I write "first leg", as our journey has been amended, and broken into two parts. Family health concerns, mobility concerns (I'm still waiting for a more permanent ankle brace) and the prospect of traveling through the southwest in the heat of summer have inspired us to make some itinerary changes.

We leave tomorrow, May 13th (Mother's Day), and will head south; through Maryland to Virginia, on to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida all the way to Key West, and back again a little farther west, and eventually through West Virginia, and back to Pennsylvania. Estimated time, about a month, possibly a little more.

The larger part of the journey (points west, Pacific Coast Highway from California to Washington, and home again via the northern states) is planned for early April next year. As with this trip, we'll be visiting artists studios along the way, and blogging about the journey.

Here's our ride...
Talk about traveling in style!

Ann has been here in Lancaster County for a few days - despite some last minute glitches, we've been having such a great time, and I know the trip will be even better!

I'll miss John and Courtney, but we'll chat via phone and email, and I know I'll miss the furkids (and vice-versa). But what a journey it will be!!

The next post will be from the road.  In the meantime, thank for following our adventures, and do leave a comment - we love to hear from you!

♥ Carolee




7 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

I'm excited for you! If you are going through southern NJ, please stop by my studio / (bedroom since I broke my ankle on April Fool's Day!) Sweet ride!!

GOTHAM239 said...

Happy trails,ladies! ;). Looking forward to the adventure via blog. Stay out of trouble you two.

Eva

Witchyboo Goddess said...

Wow you are living my dream :) I read a book a long long time ago called Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon, he drove across the US in a van and it always sounded like something I would love. You guys are in for a big adventure, enjoy every second and have fun!

Witchyboo Goddess said...

Wow your living my dream :D I read a book a long long time ago called "Blue Highways" the author drove across the US in his van and it sounded like so much fun! You guys are in for an adventure! Have fun and enjoy every second. Wishing you safe travels.

Deb said...

Have a wonderful trip and can't wait to hear of your exploits! Wishing you great weather, smooth roads and good health for all, bon voyage!

Iva Wilcox said...

What a dream come true!! Enjoy every minute! Look forward to reading about all your entries, and I can't wait to see you May 21!!
~ Iva

Unknown said...

Wow! What fun! I also look forward to your blog entries...be safe and laugh a lot!