Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Savannah

Another absolutely gorgeous city. We took the trolley tour, which was so interesting, and always a great way to get a feel for the history of a place. It was a little tricky to shoot photos on the bumpy ride, but I managed to get a few.

One of the most beautiful sights in both Charleston and Savannah (and all points in between) has been the  live oak trees covered with Spanish Moss...


And of course the magnolia trees, just sooooo beautiful. Here's a close up...


Breathtaking churches...


Historic graveyards...


And stately homes. This is the Calhoun Mansion, which (if you're as old as I am) you may remember as the Hazard House in the mini-series "The North and the South". Interesting that a Charleston home was used for a Philadelphia set...


Like Charleston, we only had a day in Savannah, and I'm resolved to return one day and spend more time. Until then, it's on to Saint Augustine (from where I'm writing this, and will post about in more detail tomorrow!)

Back soon. :)
~ Carolee



2 comments:

Folk Heart said...

I've just gotten caught up from the beginning of your trip, and can say this reads like a wonderful novel, with spectacular photos. You've manages to capture all of my personal favorites at each perspective place, so I am enjoying this to the hilt! Thank you for letting me ride along.

Patti said...

I'm enjoying this trip vicariously. Thank you for providing this opportunity to see some of the most beautiful places in the country through your eyes.